Always Compress Files
Compression = Up to 10x Faster Transfers!
Compressing files first is not required, but...
- It speeds delivery, and
- Adds extra protection to your file.
How fast we receive your attached file depends on:
- The size of your file (compressing speeds delivery by making files smaller).
The 3 Hour Limit.
The "Send with Attached Files" button has a 3 hour file transfer time limit.
How large a file can you send in three hours?
Pro Secret: By compressing your file first, you can often send files larger than the limits below. Compressing shrinks the file size.
- 56k Modem - 30 MB
- Cable/DSL - 500 MB
- T1 - 1,000 MB
File Compression Utilities You Can Use
- LAUNCH! Web Helper Free! (Mac & Windows)
- Compresses the files for you. - Convenient!
- Can automatically password encrypt files. - Greater security.
- To install the free LAUNCH! Web Helper, close this window and either click the "Attach & Send" button or click the "Software Downloads & Utilities" pulldown list if they are present.
- PKunzip or WinZip (Windows); or
- MacZipIt or Stuffit (Mac)
A time saving, convenient alternative to the above. It does the work for you. Requires a one-time download of our free "LAUNCH! Web Helper".
- No time limit!
- Built-in, automated compression.
- Great for many or very large files.
- Built-in 'resume where left off' option in case of interruption.